Due January 15
Click here for application form
This award recognizes star qualities in a high school or college student who competes in the sport of bowling. Star qualities include distinguished certified bowling performances on state, local, national, international, Team USA, or collegiate levels; as well as academic achievement and leadership. The award winner(s) receive a $2,500 Scholarship credited to their USBC SMART Account to assist in furthering their education.
All high school seniors and currently enrolled college students are encouraged to apply. This award is both academically and sport performance graded. The scores of our youth bowlers are rising as fast as the cost of a college education in today’s economy. You can help towards the expenses of a “college bound” youth bowler from your association, who you feel is eligible for this annual award, simply by submitting your nomination by the deadline date. Who knows? One or more youngsters, who could qualify, may be “right under your nose”!
- The male or female nominee shall be:
- An active member of the California USBC Association (Youth or Collegiate) and an amateur as defined by USBC rules.
- A graduating HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR who has APPLIED TO — OR — is currently attending an accredited University, Junior College or Vocational Institution.
- Younger than 20 years as of August 1, preceding the application date.
- A current season bowler with a minimum average of 175 and an outstanding record of bowling achievements in the past and current seasons.
- Recorded as having minimum of 2.0 GPA or equivalent.
2022 Daniel Hong, Fullerton
2023 Emma Shaner, Canyon Country
*Recipient under California Women’s Bowling Association